Session Focus: Love
While continually choosing peace and growth, we will then focus our intention on self-love, which is the foundation of internal happiness and external relationship building.
• In order to receive love or show love, we must love ourselves first.
• If you learn to love yourself, then you’ll learn to accept and even be grateful for all the difficult times of the past. Your story will be beautiful, no matter the details, because it brought you to who you are today.
• We will identify our love languages, tend to insecurities, and remove shame, blame and judgment from our self-acceptance.
JOURNAL PROMPT: LOVE
• What is a characteristic that makes you unique?
• Why did you pick this trait in particular and what does it mean to you?
• How do you like to practice self care?
• What are some of the most effective ways to look after your body, heart, and mind?
• What are your top 3 favorite personality traits about yourself?
• Who makes you feel supported, safe, and loved? Also, what are some ways you can show gratitude to the people closest to you?
• What do you think you need to make more time for at the moment? Also, is there anything that you need to let go of?
• In this present moment, what makes you feel proudest of yourself? Take a moment to jot down some goals that you’ve accomplished so far this year!
• What is something about yourself that you’ve grown to love? Why are you grateful for this attribute?
• How do you positively impact the people in your life? (We often tend to forget about all the little ways we help those around us!)
• Sit in silence and listen to your body and mind. How are you truly feeling today? Also, in what ways can you listen and attend to your inner voice?
• Think of 5 things you’ve learned about yourself over the years. How have these moments of self-discovery brought more joy in your life?
• If you could speak to yourself from 10 years ago, what would you tell your past self? Also, what do you think your past self would thank you for?
• What does love mean to you? Define self-love in a sentence. What steps can you take to love yourself more each day?
• What is something that you still need to forgive yourself for? How can you take the necessary steps to acknowledge your feelings in a healthy way?
What is your love language? Click here
Follow this workbook and make the entries in your journal.
HEART OPENING EXERCISE: SELF-CARE
If the concept of self-love feels foreign, consider that you may be starting the process to nourish your self-love. This requires a lot of care, attention, and compassion. Consider the seedling of self-love that needs sunshine, water, and nutrients. This all begins with self-care habits to improve your health. Focusing on our heart health is a great place to start. There are tons of resources to improve our heart health. Talk to your integration guide or clinician for further support. For now, choose one or two categories you want to commit to improving and journal some actionable plans:
• Anti-inflammatory diet
• Daily breathwork
• Improved dental care
• Sleep hygiene
• Improved stress management
-Please make sure to incorporate at least 1 self-care exercise prior to every treatment, and switch it up occasionally to keep things neuroplastic!